Word-full Wednesday

There are lots of words for this Wednesday: proud, joyful, hopeful, amazed, grateful . . . Come to think of it, there really aren't enough words.

Now that I've expressed my views on national issues, in local news:

Elmcrest, my current office location, has no heat. The 100-year-old boiler went out on the coldest day of the year. So now I sit here basking in the heat of natural sunlight (I'm lucky enough to have an office on the sunny side) with a cool draft blowing across my face (from the massive gaps between the A/C unit and the window pane). I'm wearing a short-sleeved t-shirt, a long-sleeved t-shirt, a sweater, a pea coat, pajama pants, jeans, thick fuzzy socks, a scarf, and a hat. Quite toasty considering that yesterday, while skipping chapel to watch the inauguration in Elmcrest on the big screen, I'm pretty sure my feet froze to my shoes through my trouser socks. Darn professional dress days-with your drafty pants and thin socks and shoes that only half cover your feet!!

My new work attire:


So far, I've been called a chimney sweep, a fisherman, a paperboy (all British), and a train engineer and been asked where my motorcycle is. I'm warm and they're jealous. I got this flippin' sweet hat at the French Market with some beignets and cafe au lait just hours before I almost caught fire-twice! You might still see the ash left from the exploding fireworks or the cigar--no, I wasn't smoking it.

In other news, I'm doing Scale Back Alabama again and I lost 3 lbs in the past week (though you can't really tell it cause I'm wearing so much).

4 comments:

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

Bless it!! Try to stay warm.

And...they seriously had chapel during the middle of the ceremony??

Kristin said...

Burr!! (Or "Burr, burr, billy-goat!" Whichever you prefer.) Sorry I've been absent from reading your blog... But I'm so much more than HAPPY that I've been getting to see you up close and personal.

Papa said...

I have to say you do look like you have a "hog" waiting in the parking lot. But I mean that in a good way.

Susan said...

I AM jeaulous of your chimney sweep outfit. But not nearly as jealous as I am that your office is on the sunny side of the building.